Jason Miles is a bestselling author who has had several books traditionally published and has self published several more books. In today’s interview, Jason shares his thoughts and experiences on the pros and cons of traditional publishing vs. self publishing. He also shares some great online marketing tips for authors.
Jason is the author of YouTube Marketing Power, Pinterest Marketing Power, Instagram Marketing Power, and several other books on business, marketing and social media.
In the show, Jason shares some great tips including:
- The pros and cons of self publishing and traditional publishing (from real experience doing both several times over).
- How to know whether self publishing or traditional publishing is right for you, and why you should get educated and do your research before you make a decision as to how you want to publish your books.
- Why starting a blog is the best way to build your author platform (and how Jason found his literary agent and signed his first major traditional book deal by writing a few blog posts).
- Why sharing your ideas and knowledge with the world even before you write a book is the fastest and most effective way to get your message out and can lay the foundation to a great career as an author.
- Why you might want to consider a hybrid publishing career.
- Why traditional publishing is so slow, and how self publishing can be a much quicker route to market.
- Why a big advance from a traditional book deal might just be the best way to go to launch your career as an author (and how to follow it up with additional books even if you have to self publish them).
- Why you must find an agent who “gets it” and shares your vision (otherwise, you’re just wasting your time and theirs).
Grab your notebook and pen and get ready to take notes, because you’re about to learn how to make some serious Publishing Profits.
To learn more about Jason Miles and his books, visit http://www.amazon.com/Jason-G.-Miles/e/B008C8LCRC/
To learn more about the Publishing Profits Podcast show, join us at www.PublishingProfitsPodcast.com
To learn more about TCK Publishing, visit www.TCKPublishing.com