Joanna Penn is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of several books including Business for Authors: How to be an Authorpreneur. Joanna writes and publishes both fiction and non-fiction. She is a sought-after speaker and lecturer at writers conferences, publishing industry events and online educational workshops. Joanna has been a full-time “author-entrepreneur” for more than 4 years, and shares her best ideas, tips and more on her blog The Creative Penn.
In this interview, Joanna and I discuss a lot of awesome ideas including:
- How to build your author platform using social media the right way.
- Some great tips on branding yourself and your books to connect with your readers on a deeper level.
- How to use blogging to attract new readers, and why you should constantly be writing new blog posts to hone your skills, stay connected with your audience, and sell a lot more books in the process.
- The pros and cons of writing fiction vs. non-fiction, and why Joanna chooses to do both.
- How consistency is the #1 key to success for authors, and how to make sure you stick with it and never give up even when things get tough.
- How to always get your name out there and get more exposure without being overly self-promotional (it’s about adding value and helping people; it’s not all about you!)
- Why you should use Print-on-Demand (POD) Publishing, even if you have a huge audience like Joanna.
Learn more about Joanna and get more tips on writing, publishing and marketing at www.thecreativepenn.com
Connect with Joanna on Twitter @thecreativepenn
Check out Joanna’s books at www.jfpenn.com
To learn more about the Publishing Profits Podcast show, join us at www.PublishingProfitsPodcast.com
To learn more about TCK Publishing, visit www.TCKPublishing.com